After 26 months of working to bring my colleague and friend Assoumane Alhassane Maiga to Oklahoma State University for his graduate work, I am excited to note he has been fully funded on a Fulbright to begin work in the fall. This is a fitting first post for this new blog about my daily endeavors as an agricultural communications faculty member at OSU. My experiences as co-director on a project titled "Nurturing the 4th Estate" were so eye-opening and rewarding. To be able to bring Assoumane to OSU is a continuation of this project and the hard work put into helping those less fortunate in the country of Mali. Assoumane is the individual on the right in this photo. He is posing with some village children and project personnel on one of our trips to Mali in 2007.
Again, I am so excited Assoumane will have this opportunity to join us in the U.S. I can't wait for his arrival this August! What a great day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment